Friday, November 30, 2012

My stash at work - Day 5 of the Million Step Challenge!


Yesterday was the first day I haven't made my goal of 10,000 steps for the day. I was able to get in my lunch walk like normal, but ran out of time in the evening for to make up for the 2000 steps I was lacking because I decided to watch tv, then the project I worked on took longer than I expected. But I still am ahead for the goal, 40178 steps in 4 days! Its always good to do extra steps some days to make up for other days.

Today I figured I'd mention how I make sure to get enough steps by keeping shoes and clothing at work. With the short amount of time I seem to spend at home and not wanting to spend all evening walking instead of spending time with Isaac, I decided I needed to make an effort to walk at work during my lunch hour. The challenge is that my work attire is not always good for walking.

So I have a stash in my desk drawer when I need to change. It includes:

  • Tennis Shoes
  • Yoga pants
  • A waterproof jacket
  • Fleece Jacket
  • 2 Sweaters 




Today when my mom came to walk with me during lunch, I changed into yoga pants and tennis shoes so that I wouldn't look silly with the capris and midcalf socks.

Yoga Pants and tennis shoes
Jeans and boots for Casual friday

So that is how I make sure I walk at work, and get enough steps everyday.

 How do you do it?