I found this picture of the sequin/glitter shirt awhile back and was dying to try it for an office look. I had this shirt in teal with silver sequins sewn across and was inspired to pair it with the same tone in a deeper color.
- Pinspiration for glitter
- Pinspiration for colors From My Grey Desk blog
- Teal jackie cardigan - J.Crew Factory
- pale teal sequin tee - J.Crew Factory
- black pants hemmed into capris - Travelsmith
- black patent flats -Stuart Weitzman
- pearl bracelets - various gifts from sorority sisters (AGD's symbols are roses, pearls, and squirrels)
I would have loved to pair this with a white skirt to get an ombre effect, but my white linen skirt was too summery, even for a 70 degree day. The black bootcut pants were a little heavy looking so I used some Hollywood Fashion tape and temporarily hemmed them into capris. This tape is great for holding clothes in place, closing gaps in shirts, and fixes a ripped hemline in a hurry. Makes a great stocking stuffer!
I think a blazer would have been sharper, or maybe if I had ironed my sweater (like I intended to this morning) so that it hung crisply. As much as I love the color and the 3/4 length of these Jackie cardigans I have from J.Crew, they shrink in the wash and require you to either dry clean or hang dry and often iron to get them looking nice again. Not going to invest any more money in them from now on!
How would you wear sequins to work?