I came across this pin and loved how polished and literally pulled together the outfit looked.
- Pinspiration from DKNY Spring 2009 Collection
- Navy v-neck sweater - Talbots
- Ikat print dress - Gap
- Navy blue ribbon belt - pilfered from an Ann Taylor dress
- double strand of pearls - Pearl Market in Beijing
- black patent flats - Stuart Weitzman
Not sure if I needed the ribbon belt since it blends so much you can barely see it. I felt comfortable and polished to lead an informal client meeting we had today so all in all a success.
I did another attempt at the top knot and I think this one is more successful. The key is throwing it up haphazardly before bed and then taming the frizzies with copious amounts of hairspray and a few bobby pins in the morning. Laying on the pillow all night gave it the perfect height and poof I wanted ...who knew!