The dress looked gorgeous but was waaaaaay to formal looking, even with the denim jacket. I think the deep purple, the slight sheen to the fabric, and floor length were just too much for a casual look. On the other hand, this has great potential to wear to a wedding next month!
With 5 minutes until we had to leave, I went to my backup pinspiration (I had picked one just in case the maxi didn't work).
- Pinspiration by htotheb on polyvore
- Fuschia sweater - Jackie Cardigan from J.Crew factory
- teal dress - Target
- Silver sash - pulled from a Gap dress
- double strand pearl lavelier - from the Pearl Market in Beijing
- Fuschia flats - Crocs Outlet in Florida
- aviators - target
I love how this turned out and am excited because it is a combo I would not normally try. I would have paired the teal dress with neutrals but the hot pink looks really cute. Wouldn't do it for the office like this, but it was perfect for a brunch on the waterfront.