- Find an outfit that inspires you on pinterest
- Recreate it using clothes you already own
- Pin the inspiration and your interpretation on the board here
- Have fun and learn new ways to use your current wardrobe!
- Leave a comment if you want to join the fun. We can add anyone to the board but we are keeping the blog access limited. Invite your friends to participate.
To give you a little perspective on my personal style and wardrobe requirements, I am a consultant for the government at a very conservative firm in DC. Business attire is required every day and we don't do casual fridays. I am looking forward to taking some inspirations that are more casual and figuring out how to dress them up for the office. And of course I look forward to putting together casual outfits that include jeans, etc. on the weekends. Overall I love to wear skirts and rarely wear pants. I like all things preppy and have a love of ribbons but at 27 I am working hard to only wear them in age appropriate ways, so I don't look like a 12 year old.
This is my Day 1 outfit
- Pinspiration is Olivia Palermo in an outfit from Vogue
- Navy sweater - Talbots
- Yellow shetland wool skirt - Talbots 2010
- gold and crystal necklaces - J.Crew Factory Outlet
- Bangles with velvet ribbon - craft fair in Ann Arbor, MI (shoutout to Carol for having me for a visit a few years ago)
- Black laptop bag/tote - Target
- black quilted flats - Giani Bernini at Macy's
Overall I like the color combo. This navy sweater is a new addition to my wardrobe in Sept and I had not paired it with the yellow yet. Right off the bat I realized I own no brown purses or shoes so that is something I might need to invest in once the challenge is over. And next time I will remember to remove my badge for the photo.